Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Down at the Lake . . .

We threw rocks, went for walks, swam, dove off cliffs, dug in the mud, played "King of the Tube" fought with noodles, watched the fish and ducks, grew gleeful over every boat that passed and generally had a great time! The kids LOVED the lake. Hannah learned to say "lake" and "boat" and every time we went outside they both immediately wanted to go down to the water-- which we couldn't always do but we did at least once a day. Hannah still talks about it a month later!


The rocky beach by our house.

The kids loved standing on this porch and watching for boats on the lake. Thankfully this was a shady way to come see the lake as for the majority of the time we were in Texas it was 100+ degrees!
Cliff diving! (So what did I score? It was a difficulty level of . . . .) :)

One day we decided to try a different beach. It turned out to be rather miserable-- sweltering hot, no shade, squelchy, sticky mud . . . . But with James egging us all into playing all kinds of games, he forced us into having fun. :) Of course the kids could've cared less-- it was still the lake after all!

Feeling the squishy mud under our feet.
Getting ready to play "king of the tube." Of course James won every time.
More games with James! On this trip, Corban learned how to catch like he'd been born doing it! He loves playing ball!

We don't care if the beach is clay! It's still fun to dig in!

Battle of the Jedi's! James appropriately has the red sword . . . . :)

Getting ready for a ride in the tube! I pushed Hannah all around singing "Row, Row Row Your Boat" over and over and over . . . as she kept smiling and pleading "Again?!"

"Mom please NEVER take me for a walk in 105 degree weather at noon again. What were you thinking?" (I don't know what I was thinking-- I just thought you needed some outside time and you asked to see the lake! Don't worry, I won't make that mistake again!) (That was our first day there.)

Ahh! This is much better!

Throwing rocks in the lake. Something that delighted and held the kids attention for extended lengths of time! Splash!

(Hannah, of course is watching Corban's every move. She loves her cousin!)



That's all about our lake adventures. Are you getting tired of seeing pictures of our trip?! Well, I just have one more set to show you-- which I'm sure you won't want to miss . . . . (This is what happens when you have a father who takes pictures every other second and you ask for them all.)

1 comment:

Diane said...

Rebekah,
I so enjoyed all your pictures. I can't believe how much Hannah looks like your mom. Thanks for sharing.
Love, Aunt Diane