Saturday, March 14, 2009

Birthday Post Part One: The Cake!

We celebrated Hannah's two year old birthday with the Normans, Elijah's family. As they both love the song "The Wheels on the Bus" so much we decided that would be the theme for their little party. My responsibility was the cake-- or I should say I volunteered for that because I knew my mom would be here and would love to decorate a cake for her granddaughter! :) The following pictures are of my mom in action with the help of some of the rest of us. With a little research online and my mom's amazing patience and ingenuity for such projects we ended up with the cutest school bus cake for our two little toddlers to enjoy!

Shawn helped sculpt and shape the cake. (Notice Hannah peeking in on the action!)

Icing the bus! (I helped do a little of this too.)



This is the only other thing I did-- I decorated Hannah's "face." :)

Mom hard at work and me . . . well, I'm just watching and as usual am amazed at Mom's patience!


The Finished Product!



Hannah on the bus:

Elijah on the bus!

Thank you so much Mom for creating such a fun memory for all of us!
Check back soon for photos of the actual party and the birthday boy and girl! (I know, it's been over a month since their birthday but at least I'm getting to it now, right!?)

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

Wow, what an amazing cake! Happy birthday (post), Hannah!

Joshua and Julie Marcum said...

Too cute!