Now that we have a child old enough to enjoy Halloween, we had festivities not just on one day but on three! We went to Ottercreek's trunk or treat where Hannah was completely overwhelmed by all the people and would have much preferred to just play on the playground. She did enjoy seeing her buddy Elijah and swing on the bench swings, but Shawn had to coax her along to go trick or treating and they only made it about 1/2 way before she quit! She was just a little too overwhelmed by all the costumes, kids and commotion!
On Friday, at Minds In Motion preschool where Hannah attends one day a week, she enjoyed her class party a lot more. She loved going trick-or-treating around the offices, especially since she got to get treats from Daddy! Her favorite part of the party was getting to decorate and eat a cookie, and having a picnic lunch.
Halloween day was my first day to be fully back on my feet and I was determined to have lots of fun with Hannah. I had missed getting to do things with her so we had a full, fun packed day! We made leaf and pumpkin shaped pancakes for Daddy in the morning. Then we went out to find a pumpkin to carve. This is a very bad idea-- never go shopping for a pumpkin on Halloween. :) We found one at Walmart with a big rotten spot so we moved on. Next we went to Kroger-- nothing there but little pie pumpkins. We tried Lowes---no luck, no pumpkins at Home Depot either. By this time Hannah and I were both almost in tears. I really wanted her to get to see Daddy carve a jack 'o lantern. She'd been talking about it all week! When we finally found pumpkins at Maxwell's produce on Nolensville she ran around hugging all the pumpkins and looking at them all with such excited glee! It was definitely worth the hour and 1/2 hunt! Though poor Elanor was very hungry by the time I got home seeing as I hadn't left a bottle thinking I would only be out 1/2 an hour!
After the great pumpkin hunt, Hannah enjoyed a little lunch and a nap. Then we set about making and decorating pumpkin and leaf shaped sugar cookies and carving the pumpkin. After we successfully accomplished those fun tasks, we set off to Grandy and Poppy's (Elijah's grandparents) house to celebrate Halloween with the Normans. We enjoyed a delicious meal, watched the Charlie Brown Halloween special, and went up and down their street trick-or-treating. This time Hannah had a great time and loved running up to each door to knock or push the door bell. She rode on Shawn's shoulders in-between houses and pretended he was the airplane she was flying! It was very cute and lots of fun. We so appreciated getting to be a part of the Norman family for an evening. It's always hard on holidays to have our families live so far away so it was very special to us to feel so welcomed into their family. Thank you Normans and Grandy and Poppy!
Enjoy the pictures!
| Make a Smilebox scrapbook |

1 comment:
I am so happy to read about Hannah's wonderful, exciting Halloween! All the fun and mystery and joy of such a special, beautiful time of year! Maybe some year Austin and I will try to make a special trip just to spend Halloween with you all! I would love to be a part of Hannah's Halloween memories and fun.
Post a Comment