Sunday, September 13, 2009

I am so thankful . . .

and humbled and honored to be married to a man who deeply believes this and lives by it--

September 13, 2009

one thing
having a family and the responsibility of caring for them
trumps all other concerns
dreams cannot be pursued at their expense and truly be anything more than tragic
the most beautiful thing i can ever create
is a secure environment where their dreams can come alive


a man who is committed to this but also has dreams of his own has a burden of balance

shawn brown

He wrote this in an email in conversation with a close friend discussing the pursuit of their dreams. I wasn't really snooping but he didn't know I was even going to read the email. When I read this I just welled up in tears-- it meant so much to me. I feel so lucky and blessed to be so completely loved and to know that he loves our children this much. He is committed to me in ways I feel I really don't deserve. His love is such a mirror to me of the way that God loves me and is my most joyous blessing in life.

I long so deeply for him to also fulfill his artistic deep-rooted dreams and desire to create and produce music. I pray that as our lives under-go big changes in the next few months that these changes will lead him having more time to record and pursue his dream. Please pray for me as I strive to learn how to support him and his dreams in the way that he has so completely supported mine.

No comments: