Anyway, June held many joys as well as many stresses. We had the privilege of Danielle and Austin, my sister in law and husband coming to visit us! We enjoyed playing on playgrounds, going out to eat, swimming in our pool, grilling out, and I especially enjoyed watching them interact with Hannah as she loves their company so much. Danielle brought some special books to share with Hannah which she requested over and over again to be read/sung to her! I don't have a smilebox of their visit yet (What!?, you say? No smile box slide show!) because I didn't take a lot of pictures as their camera is so much better than ours and they are sending me the pictures that they took.
While they were with us, they had to endure our biggest stress of the month-- the fact that our air-conditioner is failing! We endured over 90 degree weather together by sitting in front of fans, visiting the pool as often as we could, and relishing any moment we were out and about in other buildings graced with air conditioning. They also helped us move in a new couch, put together Hannah's toddler bed, and were our guinea pigs for using our office as the guest room for the first time! I hope they dare come see us again! :) Thank you Danielle and Austin for such a precious time with you and for being such troopers! We love you so much!
Danielle reading Hannah Puff the Magic Dragon. A song that Hannah now loves because of hearing Danielle read/sing it to her.
We survived no air conditioning by spending lots of time playing in the water whether in Hannah's little frog pool on our patio or our association pool!
We added a family vehicle to our modes of transportation!
Hannah has been wanting a bike for a long time now so we finally got her a tricycle. She loves it!
We spent as much time with friends as we could as we knew we would miss them so much on our trip to Kenya! Elijah loves hanging out in Hannah's room playing with all the little people toys and Hannah loves taking advantage of one on one time with her Aunt Ki-Ki while Elijah is so occupied. Kristen has an untappable well of patience for reading children's books. I don't know how she does it! Hannah must have asked her to read about 20 books during this one visit! :)
One night at life group it was too hot to eat our grilled brats and hot dogs outside so we had a "picnic" inside instead which the kids thought was absolutely terrific!
When the sun went down and it was a little cooler we enjoyed a campfire in the Savages' back yard complete with tent for the kids to play in and s'mores!
Hannah got to meet some goslings at work!
We also made a family trip to the zoo where Hannah loved spending time in the aquarium section looking at all the fish! She just LOVES fish! I tried to post a video of her exclaiming over what the frogs and fish but it didn't work this time. :( I'll have to try again another time.
Hannah and I enjoyed a breakfast out together before she got her first hair cut. It was a very sweet time. She enjoyed her hot chocolate and special muffin very much-- as did I. :)
Hannah's first hair cut! She did so well! She sat still and wasn't scared at all, which I was very relieved about. Thank you Mrs. Susan for doing such a fantastic job!
My serious little girl with her new look! All ready for Kenya!
That's all the June pictures! The end of June was spent planning and shopping and packing for Kenya. I was so thankful to all our friends for pitching in on taking care of Hannah while I prepared-- especially Kristen. I don't know what I would do without her! Thank you sweet friend! And thank you to all our friends that are keeping up with my plants while I'm away. I appreciate you all so much!
So, I guess I'm actually all caught up now! I'm sure it won't last for long as I won't be able to use our computer for a while once I get home, but it sure is nice for the moment! :)















No comments:
Post a Comment