First of all we planted flowers! Hannah was such a huge helper! She loved helping me dig and pat the dirt around the flowers. She was amazingly gentle and has continued to treat our flowers with respect and loves helping water them! We also enjoyed many picnics on our patio in the beautiful spring weather. (Wish we could have some of that back!)
Hannah enjoyed many artistic endeavors-- her favorite being body painting with Daddy!
We went to two special events-- "Touch a Truck" day at a park in Franklin where they had all kinds of community trucks parked for kids to see and climb into and explore. Hannah ended up being terrified of the trucks because the kids were getting to honk the horns--fun for the big kids, very loud, unsettling and scary to Hannah! So we ended up spending most of our time on the playground instead. It was still a fun family outing and at least we got this cute picture on the tractor wheel. :)
We also enjoyed a Dulcimer festival with our friends Jesse and Jessica Savage. Shawn got to watch and learn from all the incredibly talented dulcimer players sitting around making music together while Jesse graciously watched with him. Hannah and Jessica and I visited and explored the grounds of the historic manor where the festival was located. Hannah's favorite part was the hedge maze. She ran around and around it with much glee, saying, when she came to a dead end "Oh no! We're lost!" before excitedly turning around to find another way out.
May is also my birthday month as well as Shawn and I's anniversary-- we celebrated 13years of marriage! They have all been such blessed ones for me-- I'm thankful beyond words for the incredible man God put in my life and the deep connection and unshakable love that we share. I'm so blessed to be going through my life with Shawn.
The biggest highlight of May was a wonderful visit from Shawn's parents! They stayed with us for almost a week. We had lots of fun sharing long talks, trips to a couple parks where we walked or watched Hannah play, and Mom took me shoe shopping for my birthday! Yeah! :) We are always so blessed when they get to come down and visit us.
And yes . . . I made another smile box . . . . so I hope the pictures make you smile.
![]() |
| Make a Smilebox photobook |








2 comments:
I also love hedge mazes and am scared of loud truck horns. Hannah, we should hang out more.
Wish we could, Lindsey!
Post a Comment