Here is Hannah and her buddy Ezra pounding out a duet on our piano! Ezra is 10 months older than Hannah. His mommy (my sweet friend), Melissa and I get together every so often for our kids to play and for us mommies to try and catch up between reading books, handing out snacks and comforting boo-boos. Hannah and Ezra's favorite activities include doing art, playing with cars, jumping on beds and cooking up meals in the kitchen!

Elijah came over last week and we decided to try a new sensory experience--playing with shaving cream! They both responded differently to the foamy stuff and enjoyed watching each other work. Elijah and Hannah have been friends from birth, being only 24 hours apart. They're growing repertoire of favorite pastimes includes dancing (especially to Shawn playing guitar), action songs, riding in the car together and singing their own made up song that goes something like "Wah, Wah, Wah, Wah!" while kicking their feet, (did I mention dancing?), playing with cars, cooking in our toy kitchen, and scribbling together-- oh, and dancing. Once again, while facilitating all that toddler activity, Kristen and I try and enjoy a cup of tea and much needed "grown up" conversation.

I am so thankful for these relationships. I learn from both Melissa and Kristen as they parent with patience and love their precious little boys, and I am blessed by the love and friendship that they offer me. I am also so thankful that Hannah is already so blessed with such sweet, true friends!
"Now Christmas is come,
Let's beat up the drum
And call all our neighbors together,
And when they appear,
Let's make them such cheer
As will keep out the wind and the weather!"
Washington Irving
Thanks Duckworths and Normans for adding to our Christmas cheer this December!


No comments:
Post a Comment